1. We are mostly healthy and have not had any weird reactions to the food...yet.
2. Internet access (most of the time)
3. A supportive church ward.
4. Students that like to give us stuff (a bracelet for me and a bead for Jason were this week's gifts)
5. A washing machine
6. Movies
7. A western toilet
8. Hot water (usually)
9. Repairmen who sometimes fix things the best they can
10. People who email or comment letting us know they care (that's not a hint unless you think it is :)
11. The supermarket has peanut butter back in stock
12. We found normal ice cream that doesn't cost the price of our firstborn.
13. No, that doesn't mean there is going to be a firstborn soon ;)
14. Hundreds of cute kids who are excited to see us every single day.
15. A new water bottle that doesn't make my water taste like metal
16. oatmeal
17. Inexpensive transportation
18. A flower weed we picked a week ago that just keeps blooming
19. Train tickets to go to Beijing next week and stay with even more family.
20. The ability to call and skype with anyone back home.
21. Scriptures
22. Jason worthily holds the Priesthood
23. We're not dead yet
24. The sun has been out
25. Warm weather after a freezing cold, snowy weekend
26. English Books
27. Free purified water
28. English-speaking friends
29. Duct tape
30. Playing Hangman during class and the kids actually understood it!
31. Smart first graders who can work the projector and computer better than me.
32. This week's lesson that includes a PowerPoint of our families.
33. Soap, even though it sometimes stinks
34. Going out for dinner last night, just us, and remembering how fun dating/being married is.
35. Preschoolers who started their rollerblading unit.
36. 3 months of being sealed together
37. Pancake breakfast (Jason made them) that tasted almost like normal pancakes! It reminded me of my family's annual pancake breakfast outside on the fourth of July and I got very excited we'll be home just in time for it :)
38. Opening the door after class to see this. He cleaned and made a cute banner out of notebook paper and duct tape (see #29).
40. The support and love we constantly feel from our families and friends. We have always been surrounded by some of the best people out there so thank you to everyone.
This is just a short list. I know there are a lot more blessings that we don't see or notice because they get lost in the crowd.
It sounds kind of like my mission in England! Except you like your companion. ;) It gets easier, and use candy to bribe your students. I homeschool so if you'd like maybe I could give you some help or resources if you'd like. On my mission we usually had animal or human hair in our food, by the end I'd just pull it out of my mouth and keep eating, that was pretty normal. See everything you can see, make friends with the locals, pray that China will become another home for you, like England did for me. It was really hard, it really does get easier, you just have to get out there. It doesn't help that your male model husband doesn't like to get dirty! Ok, JK, he'll explain it to you. You'll cry your eyes out when you leave. I want a chinese paper fan. :) Sending lots of love and care from Paonia Colorado! Jen Pendell (& Dave, Mary, Ben).
ReplyDeleteReading yor blog is an absolytely enjoyble things to do.Reminded me I used to do the same thing when I was living in foringer country.Your describletion of things are so cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd feel free to asking any help from me,I am not local either but I am chinese,It would be a honor to make your advanture in china esier and better. Serena xx